Elizabeth Raphaelson– Managing Editor
This sweet and savory soup is excellent for the perpetually lazy. You use a microwave for half of it, and it only takes about 25 minutes from start to finish. For fresh soup that you can eat for dinner three nights in a row, this recipe is a breeze.
What you need:
4 large sweet potatoes
2 cups almond milk
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
dash of allspice
¼ cup sliver almonds
1. Microwave sweet potatoes until soft (usually take about 15 minutes).
2. Cut sweet potatoes and scoop out of skin into bowl. Mash.
3. Combine all ingredients except for slivered almonds together in large sauce pan. Heat slowly until simmering. Cover for five minutes while simmering.
4. While soup is simmering, sautee your almonds in a frying pan with a little butter and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. Pour soup into bowls, and sprinkle almonds on top. Serve immediately.